|View of boat landing showing parked canoes and a person rowing on the Eugene Millrace. - Catalog Number: KE1978
Archives & Special Collections
The museum archives are a closed-stack repository requiring staff assistance. The museum's archives and special collections resources are available by appointment only, not on a drop-in basis. Researchers are asked to fill out a Research Request Form, available at the front desk, by mail, or online. There is a $10.00 fee for filling out a request form. Once this form is submitted, museum researchers will search for the desired information. An additional fee may be assessed based on the nature of the request and the time it takes to pull the materials. Once the materials have been located, you will be notified of available appointment times. Please allow two to four weeks time for our research process.
- Research assistance on Lane County history
- Photographic reproduction services
- Photocopying of records, maps and photographs; subject to condition of the materials
- Referral service to other repositories
|View of Willamette River. Rocky, sloped shore lines river on right, c. 1927 - Catalog Number: CS375
The Lane County Historical Museum Archives is a regional repository relating to Lane County's settlement and growth since 1847. Primary collections include:
- Photographs. Several thousand images of Eugene and Lane County covering a wide variety of topics such as industry, street scenes, scenics and portraits from the 1860s to the 1970s.
- Manuscripts. Original records of businesses, families, schools, civic groups and other organizations.
- Books & Maps. This reference collection of published items relates primarily to Lane County history. However, a number of books and maps pertain to the State of Oregon.
- Studies & Reports. Statistical information in drafts and final reports on such subjects as transportation, environment and development issues.
- Newspaper Clippings. A general reference collection of newspaper clippings and other textual economic, cultural and post-settlement history, as well as biographical material.
|Springfield Plywood Corporation. Man poses on top of large log suspended in machinery, c. 1940 - Catalog Number: KE109
The archives may charge an additional fee for services which is based on availability of material and complexity of the request. This research fee will be determined after a Research Request Form is submitted. These forms are available at the museum's front desk, by mail or online. If you choose to submit the online request, please call the museum to arrange for payment of the $10.00 request fee.
The $10.00 research fee covers the first hour of staff time to review
archival collections in regard to the request. Additional time will be pro-rated at $25.00 an hour. For extensive requests, a deposit
may be required.
Photographic reproductions can be made by the museum according to the museum's reproduction policy. A fee schedule is available based on the size of the reproduced image. An additional commercial use fee is charged for publication and commercial interior decoration.
Photograph at the top of this page: Portrait of Springfield baseball team. - Catalog Number: KE625
Lane County Historical Society Home |
Museum Store |
About Us |
Support Us |
Contact Us | Search